Welcome back: The reopening of our gyms and group exercise
Gym’s in Cambridge Impington Sports Centre
- All centre guidelines apply.
- The capacity for gym sessions will currently be 25 and the class capacity 12-15.
- A booking system will be introduced to manage occupancy levels and to avoid overcrowding. All customers will be required to pre-book for a session via the member’s area. Each session will be a maximum of 50 minutes long, with 10 minutes at the end to allow for cleaning.
- For booking guarantee please use the online services.
- In order to ensure the safety of our Members and our team, and to comply with government regulations, access to the centre is only available to Members who have pre-booked in advance onto one of our Gym sessions or Group Exercise classes. If you have any queries or would like details on how to book, please visit the FAQs section on the website or email email@example.com as we are unable to take enquiries over the phone or in person at present.
- The reception desk will not be manned throughout the day and therefore telephone bookings will only be secured if confirmed by a team member. No bookings will be taken on site at reception, via answerphone message or through email.
- Bookings are available through the Members Area
- You must register your account. Your membership number can be found under the barcode on your membership card starting IMP or alternatively the ISC number within your signed membership form.
- You must have your membership card to enter the facility. Your card will only work if you have a booked session.
- Members will be able to book their gym session and group exercise up-to 7-days in advance.
- Customers can book one gym or group exercise session per day to provide all members equal opportunity to the facilities.
- Upon entry we will be manually checking all bookings via a register system to confirm attendance for contract tracing purposes.
- We have arranged our equipment in a way to make it easy to social distance. As a necessity you will notice that some equipment has been removed or rehomed. The equipment that has been removed has been carefully picked based on usage, capacity limits and where alternatives are already in place.
- Changing rooms will only be open as toilet facilities. You must enter the centre ready to train. Failure to do so will result in refused entry.
- Gym towels are prohibited.
- Water fountains will currently be out of use.
- We will be following the HSE guidelines for our air systems and ventilation to ensure fresh air.
- Customers are asked to clean equipment before and after each use. Cleaning stations will be located around the gym and studios.
- There will currently be no inductions or programmes delivered.
- Junior Gym and Exercise Referral sessions will not restart until further notice.
- Personal Trainers will be operating under social distancing guidelines.
Impington Sports Centre
To find out more, head to www.impington.cambs.sch.uk/fitness/
To Find more Cambridge based fitness services and facilities, head back to www.discoverfitnesscambridge.com